It is difficult to receive the gift of His presence when I'm in a hurry. And I am in a hurry often this time of year. So many details, so many projects, so many plans, so many events. Finding my self-worth in producing is a problem for me any time of year but especially now. Checking things off my list feels like an addiction- this compulsion to do things and finish things, followed by a sputtering of self-satisfaction, then followed by disappointment that the satisfaction was so insufficient and short. Off to the next thing to do! I need more satisfaction, I need more self-worth, I need to please more people or please myself more. Stop. Slow. Listen. He calls me back to Himself. My worth is not the things I do and produce.
This is Christmas. "He appeared and the soul felt its worth...."
No matter how all your decisions turn out
No matter if you are right or wrong
No matter what you think, say, or do
No matter whether you excel or fail
No matter the opinions of others
No matter your opinion of yourself
Your worth rests secure in the self-sacrificing love of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Behold our King this Christmas.
This is Christmas. "He appeared and the soul felt its worth...."
No matter how all your decisions turn out
No matter if you are right or wrong
No matter what you think, say, or do
No matter whether you excel or fail
No matter the opinions of others
No matter your opinion of yourself
Your worth rests secure in the self-sacrificing love of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Behold our King this Christmas.
Comments
Post a Comment