We have been matched with a sweet boy, Owen Judah. We hope to be able to bring him home by the beginning of June. The paperwork process is moving along and things are starting to get real around here. We have moments of great excitement and moments of anxiousness about what it will all be like. Sometimes I am afraid. The what ifs creep in and there's nothing that says any and every one of those couldn't happen. Current reality seems to fade and fear drives a constant mantra in my mind. I've been reflecting on Philippians 4 these last couple weeks. It's a hard thing to give God my fear, worrying about things seems to be the only sense of control I have over the situation. What is true? God is with me, with Aaron and our family, with Owen. God loves all of me and my family and Owen. We don't know all that will come, but we are not alone.
As a family we are preparing for what it will be like to get Owen. He is our son, but we will be strangers to him who are coming to take him from a familiar environment to an unknown place. We pray a lot for grace for those first days in the hotel and coming home. We pray that he will quickly feel safe with us and begin to know that he is loved and has a family. As I've been praying for Owen I've been thinking about adoption- my own adoption as God's daughter. How many times do I still act as an orphan- grabbing at things of this world to provide for myself instead of running to my Daddy for help? I'm His daughter and that is true but it is a lifelong journey to know it in my soul in such a way that it changes the way I live. Right now, I feel excited to walk through this journey with Owen- to watch him begin to know that he is our son. If my heart is so moved for my own son, how much more is my Heavenly Father's heart moved as we baby step our way towards knowing our own sonship?
As a family we are preparing for what it will be like to get Owen. He is our son, but we will be strangers to him who are coming to take him from a familiar environment to an unknown place. We pray a lot for grace for those first days in the hotel and coming home. We pray that he will quickly feel safe with us and begin to know that he is loved and has a family. As I've been praying for Owen I've been thinking about adoption- my own adoption as God's daughter. How many times do I still act as an orphan- grabbing at things of this world to provide for myself instead of running to my Daddy for help? I'm His daughter and that is true but it is a lifelong journey to know it in my soul in such a way that it changes the way I live. Right now, I feel excited to walk through this journey with Owen- to watch him begin to know that he is our son. If my heart is so moved for my own son, how much more is my Heavenly Father's heart moved as we baby step our way towards knowing our own sonship?
Comments
Post a Comment